Employee Records Management
All businesses must have some kind of record-keeping in place for their employees. Creating a system that is easy to access and use, as well as being able to store all the necessary information about each of the employees, will make the company’s life easier and more efficient.
The staff management software should be able to store all of the basic information about the employee such as name, address, social security number, hire date, department, and supervisor. It should also allow for storing any other kind of information including vacation days and sick days that you wish to keep track of. Any type of business will find this software beneficial as it will allow them to keep track of their employees’ records with ease.
Job Groups and Departments
First, you should be able to assign people to job groups and departments. Job groups are groups of jobs that have similar pay scales and duties. For example, there might be a job group for janitors, another for supervisors. Each person can belong to zero or more job groups. Departments are groups of people who work on the same floor or in the same building. For example, there might be a department consisting of all software engineers who work in the office at 555 Grove Street.
Each person belongs to exactly one department. When you create a new staff member, you specify which job group(s) he belongs to and which department he belongs to. When you create a new job group, you specify which departments it contains (or doesn’t contain).
The point of all this is to make it easy for you to set up different pay schedules for different kinds of work. If people in certain departments get better benefits than other people, or if they get paid more for doing the same work, this is how you specify it. Each employee belongs to exactly one job group and exactly one department. That’s what makes it easy for you to set different pay rates.
Employee Scheduling and Shift management
Explaining shift management to a business manager is like preaching to the choir. Thus, I will just list the questions to ask. A business requirements analyst will want to ask about the following aspects of the employee management software for business that you’re considering:
- Does the system offer an overview of all employees from one screen?
- Can it be used remotely?
- Can the employee check their schedule and clock in and out straight from their computer?
- Is there a centralized record-keeping system?
- What is the average time taken to enter a new employee into the system?
- Can managers view overtime hours easily?
- Does the system make it easy to handle on-call staff?
- What is the level of support provided by the vendor?
- Does it have data backup and recovery procedures in place?
Task management is a must-have feature for the latest employee management software. It helps you to manage your tasks and projects, assign tasks to different employees, monitor employees’ progress and stay organized.
The task management software for business can be used as standalone software or an add-on. The task management software for business is easy to install, easy to use and it works on multiple platforms. The task management software for business is accurate and has the capabilities to work with hundreds of employees at the same time.
The sub-features in task management may vary with the company operations. However, the datum is several features that make it a must-have for every company. These features are as follows:
- Automatic Time Tracking – It helps you in tracking time spent on each project and tasks assigned to employees so that you have an idea of how much time is spent on each project
- Task Sharing – You can assign tasks to different employees and monitor their work progress through this feature. You can also share your project details with clients through this feature
- Task Management – It helps you in effectively managing your tasks so that you get the maximum output from your team members
- Client Management – Through this feature, you can manage all your clients’ requirements in one place and view the details of each client in one place.
Another common feature is leave management tools. It is important to be able to schedule and manage leaves for employees. Leave management tools can be either part of a human resources system or a separate application. Either way, they are essential for anyone who manages employees.
Some employee management software systems also offer in-depth analytics and reporting functions that help managers make better use of their data and make better decisions. This makes sense because if the software doesn’t help managers do their jobs better, they won’t use it and they won’t get any value from it. This is something you should look for when choosing your human resource management system if you want to make the most of your investment.
Performance reports help you measure your employees’ progress through the work they have done. This helps you know whether they need more training or if they are doing well and should be promoted to higher positions. It also lets you set goals and hold your employees accountable for their performance.
The employee management software must have a feature that will help companies in managing their business travel expenses. It should contain a powerful travel expense report management system that is capable of producing receipts at the click of a mouse and sending them directly to the accounting team via email or API integration.