Yes, anxiety can trigger dementia because the person witnesses cognitive decline and lives under permanent tension. Dementia is a cluster of indications that influence consciousness, reasoning, problem-solving, communication, and perception.
The sufferers encounter weakened day-to-day functioning. Dementia treatment includes a host of measures, including medication and therapy. Alzheimer’s also backs the presence of dementia in a person. Loss of nerve cells causes dementia and the symptoms increase as one advances in age.
Nerve cells are nonrenewable, and therefore commencing dementia treatment at the right time is requisite. A person who has dementia has deficient nerve cells to send messages from the brain.
They may become subordinate to other people for basic survival. The first-ever dementia patient was discovered in 1850 and started manifesting acute symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s.
WHAT IS DEMENTIA?
Dementia is an umbrella of diseases that disables a person’s routinely functioning. It can prohibit and restrain their cognitive functioning. It tampers with abilities like driving, decoding, language skills, visual perception, memory, attention, etc.
People with this disease have a hard time subjugating their emotions and can spiral out of control. Its gravity can differ. It may impact fundamental functioning at a preliminary stage, which works its way up to more severe challenges.
When a nerve cell becomes redundant, it loses connections to the other cells and dies. Gradual and more severe loss of nerve cells is a ramification of dementia. It is more commonly found in older people. However, it is not a part of aging.
HOW ANXIETY AFFECTS DEMENTIA
1) Anxiety leads to brain aging
The most pivotal part of the human body is the brain. It subjugates life and keeps the body in check. Studies indicate that stress levels can age the brain faster. Chronically anxious people have shorter telomere lengths which is the tip of the chromosome in the DNA. Exercising helps in releasing stress and inhibiting this from occurring.
2) Anxiety also ruins your capacity to recall things
A tide of emotions running through an individual’s mind restricts them from recalling essential information. It empties one’s energy reserves—activities like meditation, counseling, and acupuncture, and effective remedies.
TYPES OF DEMENTIA
1) Alzheimer’s disease is the most prolifically found disease among dementia patients. It is commonly associated with it and causes traits like memory loss and struggles with routine chores. People get muddled about their whereabouts or encounter destroyed speech or written skills.
2) Brain strokes prompt vascular dementia. The most distinguished symptoms include memory loss, weakened speech, difficulty identifying familiar sounds, anxiety, irritability, mood swings, and lack of stability.
3) Dementia with Lewy bodies observes a growth of protein deposits on a person’s brain. They are primarily present over the cortex. It hinders people’s attention, ability to decide and induces memory problems, hallucinations, excess drowsiness at odd hours, trembling, trouble walking, and vivid dreams.
4) Parkinson’s Disease is widespread dementia. Their symptoms are like those suffered by Lewy bodies patients.
5) Mixed dementia is an aggregate of two kinds. The most recurrent combination is Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia.
Sufferers are susceptible and lead complex lives. They find it challenging to conduct themselves in a socially appropriate manner. Group counseling is efficacious because witnessing other people like them stimulates a positive response and helps their confidence. Many people are suffering from these disorders. Remember to start making trivial life changes to lead a happy future.