The last year of high school is usually very exhausting for students. Choosing the right college or university to pursue higher studies is challenging. Before selecting a college, students have to consider various factors, such as course fees, location, faculty, curriculum, infrastructure, campus placement, equipment, and industry connections. Many students who want to become engineers think hard work begins after college. However, getting into an engineering school of your choice is no cakewalk in this highly competitive landscape.
Applying to engineering schools and getting into a reputable one is daunting. Prospective engineers must prepare beforehand to be admitted to a top-ranked college. Before applying to an engineering school, check out the B Tech eligibility to prepare for it in advance.
Although B Tech eligibility is similar in almost every engineering college or university, it may differ in some educational institutions. Before applying, prospective students are encouraged to investigate admission requirements, qualifying examinations, and personal interviews. It will help you evaluate the chances of getting accepted to top-ranked universities. So, we will delve into the admission procedure and eligibility for B Tech to help you get admitted to prospective universities.
Eligibility requirements for B Tech admissions
To apply for the course, students aspiring to pursue a B Tech programme must fulfill the basic admission requirements. According to the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the eligibility criterion for admission to B Tech courses are the following:
- Applicants must have completed the class 12 exam from a recognised board.
- They must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects in class 12.
- They must have scored a minimum aggregate mark of 50 per cent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics combined.
- Engineering schools admit students on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination.
Please remember that the B Tech eligibility criteria may vary depending on the institute. Students are recommended to check before moving forward with their application.
B Tech admission process
Before applying to engineering colleges, you must ensure you fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course. In case you meet all the requirements, read on to explore the admission process in engineering schools.
- Candidates must shortlist the universities to which they want to apply.
- Visit universities’ websites to learn about their entry requirements and required documents.
- Go through the academic qualifications necessary to apply for the course.
- If you meet the criteria needed for the course, submit your academic details.
- Submit the fee after approval of the application.
- Once the fee is submitted, the receipt will be sent to students on their registered email ID.
Document required for B Tech admission
Here is the list of documents you must carry at the time of admission:
- Entrance exams rank card
- Entrance exams admit card
- Intermediate mark sheet
- Class 10 certificate
- Counselling fee payment receipt
- Other domicile or caste certificate, if needed
Now you are all set to apply for B Tech degree programmes. Check out the top colleges in India to apply for the course!