JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is an entrance test for confirming admission to different national engineering colleges. Students can get direct assured admission to the top national engineering colleges, including IITs, CFITs, NITs, and other technical institutions, by cracking the Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is mainly conducted by the National Testing Agency and can be divided into two parts: JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
What is JEE Mains?
JEE mains exams give the eligibility to the students to avail themselves the seat of their desired engineering colleges of NIT’s, CFTI’s, and GFI’s. This examination is normally conducted in January and April through online mode.
JEE advance is an exam that provides the eligibility to avail seats of IIT’s IISER’s and many more.
Are you preparing for JEE Mains? If you are, you should be well aware of the Application form and the JEE Main Eligibility to achieve your dream more successfully.
What are the Eligibility Criteria of JEE Mains?
There are a few criteria by which you will be able to sit for JEE. The JEE Main Eligibility criteria’s are as follows:
1. Age limit
There is no age limit specified in that way, but the minimum criteria are that the students have to pass the 10+2 or similar exam.
Candidates should have some basic mandatory subjects in their 10+2 examination to sit on the entrance test. The subjects include:
- Biology/Biotechnology/Vocational subject/Language/Technical.
3. Number of Attempts
The candidates are only allowed to give this JEE Mains exam four times in a single year and two times for JEE Advance.
Candidates should acquire Indian Nationality, whereas Foreigners, including NRI, POI, and OCI, are also allowed to give the exam.
5. Year of Qualification
The candidates who have cleared the examination of 10+2 or are preparing for the 10+2 examination can give the JEE Mains examination.
6. Marks Obtained
Candidates should have a minimum of 75% of marks in the 10+2 examination. For reserved categories, candidates should acquire a minimum of 65% of marks in the 10+2 exam or equivalent exam.
How to apply for JEE Mains?
The JEE Main Application Form is available on the official website provided by the NTA, and the candidates who wish to give the exam can simply fill up the form and submit it to the website.
With the help of the following steps, it will be easier for the candidates to apply for the JEE mains:
- In the first step, the candidates have to register by visiting the https://jeemains.ntra.nic.in and have to click the JEE Main Application Form.
- In the second step, the candidates have to fill up the blank spaces with desired and accurate information.
- In the third step, they are requested to give a scanned copy of the image and self-signature along with the guardian’s signature. The size of the image and signature shall be between 4-40 KB and 1-30, respectively.
- Then have to fill the JEE Mains fee after going through the fee structure.
- It is mandatory to keep a copy of the printed confirmation form with the candidates in the last step.
JEE is the hardest exam to qualify for and needs a lot of hard work. Therefore, it is better to keep it short that you go through the main website and avail all the detailed information about the JEE Mains. The above information will also help you get an idea of what conditions you can apply and how you can apply.