Our team of highly skilled, well presented, fully licensed, polite professionals are here to answer some of the most Google searched questions regarding Gold Coast electricians. So here we go…
What are 5 questions that you should ask before hiring an electrician?
- Get a quote (this should be FREE of charge).
- Ask to see their QLD electrical license.
- Do they have insurances (public liability & professional indemnity).
- What do they specialise in (air conditioning units, test and tagging of electrical equipment etc).
- Are you able to share some references with me? (or you could check them out their Facebook or Google reviews).
What questions should I ask an electrician?
- Is this a long-term fix to my issue?
- Does a warranty come with this?
- Are there any suggestions on how I can save and reduce my power bill?
How do I find a good local Gold Coast electrician?
- Compare – do a Facebook or Google search and choose your top 5 or so. See the comparison with their reviews, qualifications and if their website looks professional.
- Google Maps – you can type in ‘electrician near me’ or ‘electrician Varsity Lakes’ etc.
- Word of Mouth – ask the people you trust whether they have a Gold Coast electrician they can recommend.
What are basic electrical skills?
- Know the basic electrical concept and lingo.
- How to use power tools, correctly and safely.
- The dangers of electricity.
- Turning off the power in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Understanding blueprints.
- Repairing or replacing electrical fittings, equipment, and cables.
- Installing wires and pipes.
- Understanding the colour coding of wires.
How much do electricians change per hour in Australia?
For a highly skilled, fully licensed QLD electrician, you should expect to pay between $75 to $110 per hour. This is the standard hourly rate for electricians across Australia.
Call MC Power Electrical Gold Coasttoday for a FREE quote on – 0432 022 294 the next time you need an electrician you can trust. We specialise in inside and outdoor lighting, ceiling fan installations, air conditioning systems, testing and tagging of electrical equipment and so much more.