Skin tightening is a cosmetic procedure that can eliminate loose or sagging skin from the face, neck, and hands. There are many different methods to perform this procedure. However, one of the most common methods involves using a derma roller. The derma rollers use a permeable microcannula with clusters of tiny needles to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production. The corium tissue, skin – will tighten any damaged or unwanted tissue in the procedure area. It is important to note that it does not hurt during this process, and minor bruising can be expected afterward if done correctly. You can always consider skin tightening in Memphis for the best results for your skin.
Benefits of Skin Tightening?
- The appearance of the skin will be improved.
- The appearance of sagging skin is significantly reduced with this technique.
- Facial lines are less pronounced, and wrinkles will be less evident after tightening down the face or neck.
- Most importantly, the patient feels more confident in their appearance after this procedure.
- It can be performed under local anesthesia with little to no downtime for most patients.
- Skin tightening is an excellent solution if you’re looking for an improvement in your self-confidence in the appearance of your face or hands without undergoing surgical procedures like facelifts or rhinoplasties (nose surgery).
Side Effects of Skin Tightening
Bruising and minor bleeding may occur during and after the procedure. The risk of bruising and other side effects can be significantly reduced with your aesthetician or doctor’s careful, gentle treatment methods.
Any redness should clear up within a few days to a week after treatment if performed correctly. If it persists longer than that, consult your doctor or aesthetician for specific treatment suggestions (some treatments like anti-inflammatory medications may be suggested).
Scabs can form where the needle passes through the skin, but these typically fall off within a few days after treatment, leaving little or no scarring behind (the extent and location of scars will depend on how diligent you are about treating them).
Some patients experience temporary numbing at the treatment site. This numbness will generally resolve within 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Flaking or itching of the skin
Minor flaking/itching may occur in some patients after derma rolling due to either dryness, healing, or minor trauma to the skin tissue. This should subside over time if your doctor or aesthetician takes appropriate measures to minimize it (moisturizers, increased water intake).
It is essential that you note these side effects and they should be handled proportionately based on their severity and location on the body. These side effects should subside within a few days or weeks after your procedure if done correctly.