How much blood can I donate at a time? How long can I donate blood after one blood donation?

Under normal circumstances, there is a certain standard for the amount of blood donated, not too much, otherwise it is not good for your health. The amount of blood donated between 200ml and 400ml is considered normal. Let’s take a look at it!

How many milliliters does one donate blood? 200-400 milliliters.

The “Blood Law” stipulates that each person who donates whole blood can donate 200ml to 400ml at a time, with a maximum donation of 400ml; if donating blood components, each person can donate one to two treatment amounts at a time, and donate up to two treatment amounts.
You may also like to read: How to delete a discord server, How to get paint out of clothes or How to dispose of cooking oil

Why the blood donation volume stipulates that the blood volume in the human body is relatively stable, and the blood volume of an adult is 7% to 8% of body weight. Medical research has proved that if blood loss does not exceed 400ml at a time, plasma and blood cells can be restored to normal levels through their own regulation in a short period of time without affecting the normal operation of the body. Therefore, it is more appropriate to provide 200-400ml blood donation each time.

How long is the interval between two blood donations? Citizens can donate whole blood or blood components. The interval between donating whole blood must reach 6 months, and the interval between donating blood components (referring to donation of platelets) must reach 1 month, not too frequently , So as not to affect the normal functioning of the body. It is best to seek advice from professionals to whom you would plan to donate. Plasma Centers like Biolife conduct a strict eligibility screening to ensure that you can provide healthy plasma and secure the donors’ safety. On top of that, Biolife promotions make it more rewarding knowing that you’ve helped many people with frequent visits.

Does blood donation harm the body? There will be no harm.

The total blood volume of an adult is about 4000 to 5000 ml. Usually 80% of the blood circulates in the heart and blood vessels to maintain normal physiological functions; the other 20% of the blood is stored in the liver, spleen and other organs, once blood loss or strenuous exercise, this blood will enter the blood circulatory system. A person donating 200 to 400 ml of blood at a time only accounts for 5% to 10% of the total blood volume. The blood stored after the blood donation will be replenished immediately without reducing the circulating blood volume.

Moreover, after blood donation, the lost blood cells are quickly replenished due to the enhancement of hematopoietic function. Therefore, if a healthy person donates blood according to the regulations, it will not have any effect on the body, and it will not “damage the vitality”, but will be beneficial to health.

Do you need tonic after donating blood? Many people worry that the body will not be able to keep up with the previous pace after blood donation. Taking a lot of tonics is actually unnecessary; a healthy person who donates 200~400ml of blood will not be harmful to the body. If it has an impact, it will not cause physical weakness, so there is no need to take tonics. However, it is necessary to supplement some nutrients that are conducive to hematopoiesis. The main raw materials for hematopoiesis are protein, iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid, so they can be supplemented through diet. For example, eggs are rich in protein, and iron-rich are soybeans, celery, spinach, tofu, pig liver, etc., and rich in folic acid and vitamin B12. The food is mainly found in fresh fruits and vegetables.

How long can I recover after donating blood?

The speed of recovery of various components of blood after blood donation is inconsistent, which is related to blood donation volume, blood donation interval, nutrition after blood donation and individual differences.

1. The water and inorganic substances lost after blood donation will return to normal levels within 1-2 hours.

2. Plasma protein is synthesized by the liver and can be replenished within one or two days.

3. Platelets, white blood cells and red blood cells need corresponding cycle recovery. Platelets generally take 7-9 days, and red blood cells take 120 days.

4. Within one month, iron, protein, vitamins, folic acid, etc. can also gradually recover.