You might never know when you might be stricken with heart disease. But it’s a good idea to keep yourself protected from it to have peace of mind. However, without the right knowledge and some self-awareness, this can be a challenging feat.
According to Heart specialists in Nagpur people usually don’t know that they are diagnosed with a heart disease due to lack of proper knowledge.They ignore many symptoms which may cause lethal damage to their heart and they may have to face consequences over a period of time. In this article we will be discussing heart safety so let’s get started.
8 Tips That Can Help You On Your Quest For Heart Safety :
- Have regular check-ups with your doctor. These check-ups are usually free unless they’re done as part of a preventative measure or there are changes in your condition that need to be addressed, in which case you’ll likely have to pay for them anyway, so make sure no cost is ever an excuse for not following the doctor’s orders.
- Keep your blood pressure in check. Have it checked (and re-checked) regularly. Keep your blood pressure under 140/90 if you’re at high risk for heart disease or have a family history of the condition. Normal blood pressure is 120/80 but this is not what’s recommended for people in high risk categories.
- Don’t smoke and avoid second-hand smoke. Smoking damages the arteries and breaks down the elasticity that keeps them flexible and free from blockage, so after a while, they become stiff and brittle, becoming susceptible to clots that can lead to heart attacks or strokes. Second-hand smoke is just as bad because it also causes damage to the blood vessels. If you can’t avoid it, at least have your blood pressure checked regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. This is probably number one on the list of most important things you can do to keep yourself protected from heart disease. If you eat right, exercising regularly (at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes each) and not smoking, you’re already doing a lot more than most Americans, so consider yourself ahead of the curve. A healthy diet would include lots of vegetables and fruits and a good mix of lean proteins and whole grains to keep your cholesterol in check.
- Stay stress-free. Stress can cause muscles to tighten up and release stress hormones that clog arteries and contribute to high blood pressure, so look for ways to relax and cope with your stress.
- If you have sleep apnea, a condition in which the airways narrow while sleeping, visit a sleep study centre so they can get it treated before it worsens your heart condition or weight-related problems.
- If you have any family history of heart disease, get tested for it. This is also true if you notice any signs and symptoms of it. People get nervous when they come to know that they are diagnosed with heart disease , in fact If caught early enough, heart disease can be managed more easily.
- Stay active with the right exercise program and don’t let yourself gain excessive weight. Being overweight contributes to high blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol problems which are common factors in the development of heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions. Being overweight or obese also makes you more likely to develop sleep apnea.
In case if you are having a heart issue you should pay a visit to a cardiologist as soon as possible. I will recommend you to consult Dr. Vina Bang. Dr. Bang is one of the best cardiologist located in Nagpur Maharashtra having an Experience of more than 13 years. The search for your healthcare will definitely end here.