Desi ghee has been used for thousands of years in traditional Indian cooking, ayurvedic rituals, and religious ceremonies. We have grown up having desi ghee in our daily meals. It has a rich history, as it originated in India when the domestication of cattle and consumption of butter began. Everyone loves how a spoonful of cow ghee adds to the taste and aroma of every recipe. Shudh ghee has always been a part of our kitchen, and shudh ghee has been serving thousands of families for ages. When I was a kid, my grandma told me about desi ghee’s enormous health benefits and always added a spoonful of cow ghee in my daily meals. She made me believe that it is the powerhouse of health benefits. Even now, nothing has changed as it is still being used in our home for cooking delicious meals every day.
Some unique health benefits of Cow Ghee
Shudh Ghee possesses numerous benefits for your health, such as it improves the digestion process, strengthens immunity, enhances bone health, and much more. Some of its incredible health benefits have been mentioned below, which we think will benefit you when you add it to your daily diet.
- Ghee prepared from the milk of green-fed cows has a higher content of fat-soluble vitamins. Studies have shown that ghee manufactured by dairies who use green grass-fed cows’ milk like Nova shudh desi ghee has a high content of vitamins like A, D, E, and K.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) present in ghee is a healthy fatty acid & good for heart health. Pasture-raised dairy products have up to five times more CLA than their grain-fed counterparts. CLA also boosts the immune system and anti-inflammatory properties to help your body resist infections, autoimmune disease, and even allergies.
- Picking grass-fed manufactured products like Nova Dairy Cow Ghee can be the best decision you would make towards a healthier lifestyle.
How Do You Know If Ghee is Pure
Finding good quality cow ghee is a task as numerous brands are available to claim their product purity. Desi ghee you buy from your suppliers should be 100% pure and organic. All dairy brands should label their product ingredients on the front. Adulterated cow ghee mixed with animal body fats and vegetable oil is frequently widespread in the market. There are few methods through which you can check the purity of your ghee. Some of them are listed below:
- Check the adulteration of ghee with coconut oil: The convenient way to check the purity of ghee is using a double boiler method. Pour some melted ghee in a glass jar along with coconut oil and refrigerate it for some time. If the solidified ghee and coconut oil form a separate layer, then the ghee you are using is adulterated.
- Check using the vegetable oil: Take a teaspoon of melted ghee in a glass or any transparent jar. Add a hint of sugar in it, shake it thoroughly and let it settle for 5-10 minutes. If a red colour appears at the bottom of the jar, then the ghee you are consuming is not pure.
- Heat a tablespoon of cow ghee: Add the same amount of HCL with a pinch of sugar, shake it well, and wait for five minutes. If the pink or red color appears, then the ghee has been adulterated with rancid ghee.
So after knowing all these easy tests, you can efficiently perform them at your in-home space and can find the desi ghee you are purchasing online or from the market is pure or not. This kind of adulteration has harsh impacts on our overall health, so please be aware before buying. Check all the ingredients on the product and reassure yourself by doing this quick testing.
To conclude, consuming shudh desi ghee is an integral part of our daily diet. We at Nova create goodness for our consumers that our ghee does not have any adulteration as above mentioned. You can buy pure ghee online by visiting our website. It is also available in different size packaging. Nova Dairy is one of the best dairy companies in India, which offers a wide and pure range of dairy products with 100% transparency and high standard quality. One of their products is shudh desi ghee obtained from grass-fed cows that are healthy and rich in nutrients. These nutrients are then passed from the grass-fed dairy products that we consume to our bodies, which helps us nourish our overall health system.