The victim and the at-fault driver are the only parties involved in most vehicle accident cases. On the other hand, a commercial truck accident consists of several parties responsible for carrying the goods. During a truck accident lawsuit, you or your lawyer may have to deal with a truck driver, truck company, cargo company, cargo loaders, maintenance teams, part manufacturers, and other parties. You may be entitled to seek compensation from the whole trucking firm rather than just the irresponsible truck driver. An Albuquerque truck accident lawyer would be necessary to handle this complex case.
Furthermore, the two types of damages are Economic and Non- Economic damages.
Economic damages are the monetary losses you suffer due to an accident, as the term indicates. Among them are:
- Medical costs: These include the costs of medical treatment for your injuries thus far, as well as the costs of future treatments, therapies, and so on. You may be eligible for total compensation for lost pay if you cannot work while healing from your injury.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries from the truck accident prohibit you from working in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for the money you might have reasonably anticipated to earn.
Non- Economic damages:
In a truck accident case, non-economic damages refer to losses that do not have a direct cash component. Even though economic losses may account for a large amount of your claim, non-economic damages are sometimes much more significant due to the extensive impact of substantial injuries on a victim’s life.
Following a truck accident, you may be eligible for compensation for the following non-economic damages:
- Suffering and agony: Some injuries result in chronic pain that lasts a lifetime. Victims get compensated for the discomfort they face day in and day out.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Serious injuries such as burns, amputations, and other amputations can leave scars and disfigure patients. Such profound physical changes have a significant psychological component. You may be eligible for compensation for the negative mental and emotional impacts of the accident caused by a negligent truck driver and other parties.
- Emotional distress: Serious injuries can result in depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other mental health difficulties. In a truck accident lawsuit, you may seek compensation for your mental distress as a result of your injuries.
By now, you must have understood that you must file a claim not only for monetary losses but also for non-economic damages, but both can affect your life adversely.